Wednesday, December 2, 2009

HOW TO: post a youtube video

{this one's for Katie}

STEP 1:
Find your video on you tube. In a different window sign in to your blog and go to the "new post" page.

STEP 2:
In your "new post" page, click on "Edit Html" in the top right corner of the box where you'd type your post. (Right above the preview link.)

STEP 3:
Go to the youtube page and to the right of your video, there should be a shaded blueish box. At the bottom of that small box is the URL and the Embed code. The Embed code is what you want. I click on the teeny tiny box next to the embed code to customize it. When the customize box drops down, I'd click on the smallest size of video so it will fit in your blog. THEN, highlight all of the Embed code (the stuff in the box next to the word Embed). Right click, and COPY.

STEP 4:
Return back to your blog post page, and paste the Embed code into the main section where you'd normally type your post. (Make sure you're in the "Edit Html" tab from step 2.)

STEP 5:
Add a title and whatever else you'd like. Then hit "Publish Post". And voila! You have posted a youtube video on your blog! (Go view your blog to make sure it worked. If not, then my directions were probably not very good.)

Below are some guy's directions just in case mine were not good enough. I chose this video cause his voice kills me. I think you should listen to the video even if you already got it cause it's hilarious. Or maybe it's just funny to me cause I'm beyond tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha oh my gosh! Yay! I'm so excited for this! Hopefully I can make it work! Thanks Linds! I can't wait to see you in 17 days!