Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Feel Goods. and She.

I really like picture books. They're the only books I read (besides the BOM). Books with no more than a few sentences per page is all I can handle. So today I came acroos a book called "The Feel Good Book" by Todd Parr. I wanted to share some of my favorite parts.

"Giving a great, big hug feels good"

"Getting tickled feels good"

"Taking a bubble bath feels good"

"Rubbing noses feels good"

"Crying when you're sad feels good"

"Laughing out loud feels good"

"Catching snowflakes on your tongue feels good"

"Reading a book under a tree feels good"

"Having a ladybug land on your hand feels good"

"Sharing your treats feels good"

"Waiting for the tooth fairy feels good"

"Saying 'I love you' in sign language feels good"

"Playing under the sprinkler feels good"

"Making a new friend feels good"

"Giving somebody something special feels good"

"Whispering in someone's ear feels good"

"Being brave feels good"

"Taking a nap with a giant stuffed animal feels good"

"Being together feels good"

"It feels good to think about all the things that make you feel good"


* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And while i'm at it, i'll share some lines from one of my favorite little books called "She". Sadly, I don't know who the author is.

"SHE...
loved life and it loved her right back

listened to her heart above all the other voices

saw every ending as a new beginning

discovered her real measurements had nothing to do with numbers or statistics

was kind, loving, and patient . . . with herself

woke up one day and threw away all her excuses

turned her can'ts into cans and her dreams into plans

had a way of turning obstacles into opportunities

went out on a limb, had it break off behind her, and discovered she could fly

discovered that she was the only one she'd been waiting for

walked in when everyone else walked out

just had this way of brightening the day

made the whole world feel like home

decided to enjoy more and endure less

was an artist and her life was her canvas

held her head high and looked the world straight in the eye

not only saw the light at the end of the tunnel, she became that light for others

designed a life she loved

said goodbye to unhealthy relationships

remained true to herself

made the whole world a better place"

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

i love this she quote linds! i cant get over it. I am posting it on my blog... if thats ok! hope you are doing well