Friday, October 30, 2009

Randoms

  • My straigntener says " Not for household use in Canada." What, do Canadians not allow straighteners in their homes? I'm glad I live in the U. S.
  • I work at the greatest place. Seriously. And I love the people I work with. Thanks to Kendal and Woodsy for making me laugh with our 'firm gossip' (she's going to be a bee for Halloween. Oh too bad she's already a b...) and thanks to Katie, Sam, Parker, Erin, Alex, Kadin, and the rest of the j dub gang for making work so much fun.
  • Today, for the 2,745 time, as I was walking on campus, I was confused by the sight of someone walking with a rolling backpack. That's for the airport, not school. The math building is that last place I'd ever want to take a vacation. They would be better off walking around with a sign that says "I'm a loser" because at least that would be funny. The sad thing is that most of the people with these suitcase/backpack things probably love their suitcase/backpack thingy.
  • Sticking with the topic of school: When a professor asks if anyone has any last comments, they are really saying "I'm done, so do you want to go home?" People, that's when you stay silent. It drives me crazy when a student carries on a comment conversation for 5 more minutes and keeps everyone there. I don't care what's going on in your head, just don't. say. anything.
  • What do you do when someone you see very frequently gives you a gift you hate? (like an item of clothing.) It's the worst feeling. Do you walk aroung embarrassed that people are seeing you with this on? Or do you never wear it, letting them know that you hate it but are too embarrassed to tell them.
  • I gained a new perspective on dating today. Or more like I was reminded of the right way to think about dating. The right guy will come at the right time. So I can't worry about it. I've thought this way my whole life except for the past few months. So back to the good old way. Today marks the first day of me not worrying about it anymore. And I decided i should make a guy work a little harder before he gets to kiss me.
  • Honestly, I think uggs are not that cute. I understand that they are comfy, which is a good enough reason to wear them, but fer reals, they are flat out ugly.
  • Last but not least, my mind is boggled by the internet. I just don't get it. I have no clue how it works. How did they even come up with such a thing? Wow. The internet is a pretty amazing thing.

No comments: