Sunday, November 1, 2009

I KNOW...

I KNOW that we will never have a trial we cannot overcome. God will not tempt us above that which we are able. He gives us our adversities because he knows we can overcome them. That's probably why he hasn't given me many trials yet, because I'm not that strong. I think that those people who are strongest will be given the hardest temptations. God is in control and knows what he's doing. He sees the big picture. He knows we can overcome whatever he gives us.

I KNOW that God is well aware of the deepest feelings of our hearts. He truly knows how we feel. All the time. He understands everything we go through. He has been there. He knows what we really want and how we really feel. Even better than we do ourselves.

I KNOW that our Lord cares about us more than anyone on this earth ever could comprehend. He is standing there with his arms outstretched, waiting for us to turn to him. He wants us to come to him in all we do. He loves each and every one of us. He is constantly ready to help us with anything and everything. It is up to us to go to him and use the great gifts he has given us.

I KNOW that Christ died for each of us. If I were the only person to ever live on this earth, He would have come down, suffered through all that he did, and died on the cross just for me. He would have done that all just for me. And he would have done that all just for you if you were the only one to live on this earth. He did it for us. So we can repent of our sins and return to live with him again.

I KNOW that there is always hope. No matter what we do, we can always come back to him. All he wants is for us to return to him. He will forgive us. As long as we do our part and repent. He will never give up on us. He is always there.

I KNOW that families are forever. This earthly life is just one small step in the entire picture. I will able to be with my family forever, thanks to temples. And if I live worthily, I will be able to return to my Father in Heaven and live with him in a state of never ending happiness. I can't wait for that day.

I KNOW that all the Lord wants is for us to be happy. That is the reason for everything he gives us. So that we can be happy. Isn't true happiness the greatest feeling? Really that's the whole reason for our existence.

I KNOW that when we make small efforts to do good things, He will bless our lives in ways we probably don't even notice. By small and simple things, are great things brought to pass. It's our small, daily acts and choices that make the big difference.

I KNOW that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on this earth. The Book of Mormon is true. I love to read it. President Monson is the prophet of God and I love him dearly.

I KNOW that I am extremely blessed to be able to have this knowledge. A great responsibility comes along with that. The time is now. No more procrastinating. This is what will bring true joy, so why wait anymore. I am fully committed to do whatever he has planned for my future. I am ready to stand for what is right and to declare this truth to whomever. I am so glad that God has control over everything. I trust him. He knows.

(SIDE NOTE: I'm not good at all about bearing my testimony in sacrament meeting. I've only done it once in my life. So I have to find other ways. I guess my blog needs to include it. This is who I am, and who I want to be. I know these things just as well as I know my eyes are blue and 2+2=4. And please accept my apologies that this is such a long - and possibly boring or dull - post.)

No comments: