{if the title wasn't good enough, consider this a warning for an extremely boring post}
No Doubt About It : Sheri Dew
My three favorite parts:
1 - "He would heal my broken heart and take away my pain, that He would succor me and deliver me from disappointment... Not only that the Lord could help me but that he would." (p. 88)
2 - "We are connected to Someone who can and will make up the difference between who we are and who we want to be, between where we are and where we want to be - if we will come unto Him." (p. 137)
3 - "Do you want to be happy? And I mean really happy? Then nurture someone along the path that leads to the temple and ultimately to Jesus Christ. The most effective way to share the gospel is to live it. When we live like disciples of Christ should live, when we aren't just good but happy to be good, others will be drawn to us. We need to be happy about the way we've chosen to live, happy because we're not constantly reshaping ourselves in the world's image, happy because we have the gift and power of the Holy Ghost." (p. 212)
This book is wonderful. Every thought she writes is powerful and by the time I got to the end of a page, all I thought about was the last sentence I read and how amazing it was, and I had completely forgotten all the other sentences on the page and how amazing they were. There's so much to take in. But this book assures that if we live righteous lives we will be happy and return to the presence of God. Sheri Dew really does have some profound ideas and wonderful messages.
Next church read? Maybe something by Elder Holland. I really like him.
No comments:
Post a Comment