Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My two cents for today

I have a small piece of advice for myself and anyone else. I heard once in some church talk (can't remember when, who or where) that to eliminate contention in any relationship from a best friend to a mom, a sibling or to a spouse or boyfriend there are two steps to follow:


  1. Eliminate all miscommunication. Make it impossible to be misunderstood.
  2. Always assume the best. Assume that they mean well.
This advice has helped me multiple times over the past year or so. I have tried to make my words clear when talking with others. A good friend told me a few nights ago that the reason we most always get angry is because people do things we don't want them to do, or they don't do something we would like them to do. I have been working on assuming that they meant to do this or just didn't have time to do that. I tell myself there is a good reason (which I may not know about) for them to do or not do this something-or-other. And those are the thoughts I have tonight. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this! This will help me lots! :)